What is Yamuna Body Rolling® (YBR)?
Invented by Yamuna Zake. YBR is a whole body fitness system that has many amazing benefits:
- stimulates bone to improve bone density and bring back the 'spongy' quality to bone
- elongates muscles
- increases range of motion
- breaks down scar tissue
- cleans up adhesions/'fuzz' in muscle tissue
- prevents injuries
- increases organ function (by providing stimulation of internal organs by stimulating the nerve roots of the spine)
- body sustainability
- improves bone and muscle alignment
- increases muscle tone
- increases flexibility
- creates space between joints
- increases circulation
- increases breath capacity
- core strengthening
- feel changes immediately after routines
- improves posture
- learn to self massage to immediately treat your body issues
- teaches you how to align and keep your own anatomy working correctly at any age
- speeds up metabolism
In YBR, we use specific YBR balls that are 6 to 10 inches. These balls are used in routines to work on our muscles from the origin to insertion point. These balls are inflatable and deflateable and can take up to 300lbs.
This work is a great way to maintain and improve how you feel in your body. Once the maintenance level has been achieved you are encouraged to go deeper into your YBR practice to free long term body issues. As strongly as we believe that everyone needs to do Pilates, everyone needs to do YBR! Once you feel the changes in your body, you'll be hooked!
The Theory and Technique of Yamuna Body Rolling, by Satoshi Suzuki, ATC, CSCS
Starting in January 2017!
Workshops, Saturdays, 9-11am:
- March 4, 2017 (Please note: this workshop will be 2-4pm)
- April 8, 2017
- May 6, 2017
- June 3, 2017
These two hour workshops will cover the entire body and you will look and feel longer, taller, and bring back space throughout your joints when you are done with one of these workshops.
Everything is provided. Please wear snug clothing and try not to eat very much right before class.
Price for Workshops:
Rate: $48 + tax
Yamuna Foot Fitness:
Created by Yamuna Zake, like the principles of Yamuna Body Rolling for the body, Yamuna Foot Fitness is creating flexibility, strength, and the proper space between all 33 joints of the foot. In Western society, for most of our lives our feet are locked in shoes. As we age, we are always seeking that 'comfortable' shoe that addresses whatever foot issue(s) we have. Besides putting one foot in front of the other to walk, there's really no education on how we are to use our feet as we walk. Yamuna Foot Fitness offers this education and it's profound and very simple. Yamuna's philosophy is that we should be able to wear whatever shoe we like and not be locked into a particular shoe.
Benefits of Yamuna Foot Fitness:
Addresses pain specific to and helps reverse:
- nerve impingements
- Morton's neuroma
- hammer toes
- plantar fasciitis
- hallux rigidus
- Flat feet
- General foot tightness and pain
Details for Yamuna Foot Fitness:
Price: $40 + tax
Dates: March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7
Time: 6:30 - 8pm
To reserve space in the Yamuna Foot Fitness workshop:
Please email Ki Lan directly -